In this episode, Gary talks about 20 metrics you need to measure to create a thriving dental practice and also the ideal goal for each metric needed to be measured.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Figuring out the metrics that help a business/ practice become successful and then improving them is critical.
One of the areas that every practice should have a goal is for new patients per month. So one of the primary goals with our coaching clients is that we support them to grow double-digit percentage growth per year, which means 10% or more per year.
Mentioned above is only 1 out of the 20 metrics that I will be sharing in-depth. You can also learn more about other metrics such as
- Total adjusted production in your practice
- Total Collections
- Overhead percentage
- Treatment acceptance percentage
- Collections Percentage and many more.
Once you’re tracking all these metrics that I share in this episode, you can discover what’s working in your practice, and you can do more of what’s working and eliminate the things that aren’t working.
Tune into the episode now!
Today’s Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip
- 00:02:18 – Different types of night guards by Dr. Morvarid Emamy, DMD, MPH, MBA
Coaching In Action
- 00:07:24 – Gary talks about 2 concepts he wants to introduce to his listeners
- 00:10:14 – Gary talks about the 20 metrics of a thriving practice
- 00:10:14 – Number 1
- 00:10:43 – Number 2
- 00:10:56 – Number 3
- 00:11:44 – Number 4
- 00:15:13 – Number 5
- 00:17:37 – Number 6
- 00:18:05 – Number 7
- 00:19:17 – Number 8
- 00:19:43 – Number 9
- 00:20:59 – Number 10
- 00:23:09 – Number 11
- 00:25:14 – Number 12
- 00:26:33 – Number 13
- 00:28:15 – Number 14
- 00:29:07 – Number 15
- 00:30:11 – Number 16
- 00:31:15 – Number 17
- 00:32:14 – Number 18
- 00:32:40 – Number 19
- 00:33:06 – Number 20
- 00:34:49 – Question 1 – Gary you talk about the goal in the hygiene for the hygiene production to be at 33% or more of total office production. Sadly I checked mine and I am at less than 20%. Where would you start to get moving in the right direction?
- 00:38:57 – Question 2 – I am in an area where hygiene wages are extremely high. Is it still realistic to have total wages at 28% or less?
- 00:41:08 – Question 3 – Can you provide tips to improve my new patient conversion percentage?
- 00:47:08 – Question 4 – I have reached a plateau with my doctor production per hour. Can you suggest tips to break through that plateau?
It’s time to get serious about diagnosing and treating perio disease in your practice.
How to improve dental case acceptance and get more yes’s from your patients?
Amplify your practice by mastering case presentation with Dr. Mark Montgomery and Dee Dee Reid.
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!