Hygiene appointment cancellations or no-shows can significantly impact a dental practice. In this episode, Gary shares five specific recommendations to reduce hygiene appointment cancellations or no-shows.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Dr. Bianca Velayo on Incorporating Mouth-Body Coordination Into Your Practice.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Here are a few ways that Hygiene appointment cancellations or no-shows can affect the practice:
- Loss of revenue
- Reduced productivity
- Scheduling challenges
- Patient dissatisfaction
Dental practices can reduce the number of cancellations or no-shows by implementing the five recommendations Gary shares in the episode.
Today’s Financial Tip
- 00:03:49 – Bianca Velayo on Tip To Incorporate Mouth Body Coordination Into Your Practice.
Coaching In Action
- 00:08:15 – One of the main challenges when it comes to hygiene appointments that practices face.
- 00:09:33 – Gary talks about the importance of the concept, begin with the end in mind.
Gary talk about 5 very specific recommendations Hygiene appointment No-shows
- 00:11:40 – Recommendation Number 1
- 00:13:59 – Recommendation Number 2
- 00:16:43 – Recommendation Number 3
- 00:19:38 – Recommendation Number 4
- 00:22:08 – Recommendation Number 5
- 00:29:44 – Question Number 1 – Do you recommend charging for hygiene cancellations or no-shows?
- 00:33:38 – Question Number 2 – We price our whitening to be very affordable. Our whitening fees cover the cost of providing whitening, but we really don’t make much profit from whitening. Would it still make sense to offer Lifetime Whitening in our situation?
- 00:35:33 – Question Number 3 – I really like your recommendation of the Lifetime Whitening Incentive. How do you manage it?
- 00:39:44 – Question Number 4 – When we have patients who have shown a pattern of short notice hygiene cancellations or no-shows, we require them to prepay in full for any future hygiene appointments. This prepayment is non refundable. Would you prefer our approach or your ‘VIP List’
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!