For many dentists, our plans for 2020 were radically changed with Covid-19 and the challenges that came with it had put many of our plans for practice development on hold. Many of our listeners are highly driven & it may have been challenging to tap the breaks on practice development, it sure has been challenging for us at Life Smiles.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
We’ve realized the importance of dealing with day-to-day urgencies & being there for our team members. But now, as we move into 2021, we hope that it is your goal to make 2021 your best year yet.
In this episode, Naren & Gary share 5 specific tips that you can use, and when you put them together, it can make 2021 your best year yet!
- 00:00:24 – Introduction
- 00:02:50 – Clinical Tip from Dr. Baldwin Marchack, DDS MBA.
- 00:08:33 – Special Announcement
- 00:12:15 – 5 Tips to make 2021 your best year.
- 00:12:23 – Tip Number – 1
- 00:16:40 – Tip Number – 2
- 00:19:51 – Tip Number – 3
- 00:22:39 – Tip Number – 4
- 00:28:33 – Tip Number – 5
- 00:30:01 – Quick re-cap of the tips
- 00:31:11 – Question 1 – I have been reluctant to talk much about numbers with my Team because I’m concerned that it will seem like my practice is all about money rather than taking care of patients. Your thoughts?
- 00:38:46 – Question 2 – In my practice we have not been very effective at adding in same day dentistry. I realize that I have likely been a big contributing factor to this lack of success here. I’m concerned about making our existing scheduled patients wait because we worked in a patient for same day dentistry. How can we add dentistry AND serve our existing scheduled patients?
- 00:42:50 – Question 3 – I recently ran an unscheduled treatment plan report from my practice management software and I discovered that I have a massive amount of unscheduled treatment. Where do I start?
- 00:49:35 – Question 4 – I really like your suggestion of designating a specific Dr. Scheduling coordinator and a specific Hygiene scheduling coordinator. How can I create accountability with these team members?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!