This episode will give you a broad understanding of the 5-trends in dentistry that you should keep an eye out on, especially post-COVID 19. After extensive research, Gary has analyzed these 5-trends and he will share them in detail during his podcast episode. The 5th trend would upset you, but either way, you should be ready to face it!
He will go deeper to share –
- The negativity of an insurance-driven practice
- How you should prepare to treat your patients’ post Covid-19
- Providing comprehensive care for your patients
- What is a permission statement and how to get it?
- 6- digital photos
- The window of opportunity to talk to your patients about a healthy mouth healthy body.
- How to connect with your patients with your mask on when they can’t see your face.
- The evening-we-care calls taken by Dr. Paul to his clients
- How to get clients to agree to do a virtual consult
- 5-questions to ask your patient
Further, Gary explains in detail, how you should approach your patients into a conversation about comprehensive care, and how to build a relationship with them as a relationship-driven practice allows you to become the best dentist you possibly can be clinically and behaviorally. You’ve got to have some good behavioral skills to be able to deliver a relationship-driven experience for the patient.
Learn how COVID -19 has shone a spotlight on the healthcare system, something you might not have noticed. Some of these trends have already been in place but the COVID-19 has highlighted them.
questions from this week’s “Ask Gary” Segment:
- How can I build the relationship side of my practice in this COVID-19 era?
- I like your suggestion of longer appointments with more comprehensive care, but my patients are not accustomed to that style of practice. How can I help them appreciate this approach?
- Gary, my practice is infected with PPO plans. Would I be better off just selling my practice and buying a fee-for-service practice?
- How can I help my patients understand how oral health improves their overall health?
Do you have a question you would like Gary to answer in the next episode’s Q&A Segment? Ask Gary now!
Follow the Thriving Dentist show on Facebook.
Follow the Thriving Dentist show on Twitter.
Follow the Thriving Dentist show on Instagram.
Subscribe on iTunes
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn more about these 5-trends in dentistry as we should be mindful and make decisions that will allow us to take advantage of the positive trends, and perhaps avoid the pitfalls of the negative trends.
- 00.26 – Introduction to today’s episode
- 00:48 – Announcement on MBA
- 04:00 – What are some of the trends to watch out for in dentistry
- 05:28 – Trend #1
- 06:10 – The negativity of an insurance-driven practice
- 06:35 – how dentists have fallen into the trap of insurance companies
- 09:35 – Tips on How you can prepare for longer patient appointments
- 10:30 – Would I see this trend apply more to me if I’m a relationship guy as opposed to a transaction guy?
- 11:14 – Lee Ann Brady’s phrase
- 11:39 – How Gary takes the six digital photos for patient education
- 12:00 – What is a permission statement & how to get it?
- 13:30 – Conversation to set up a virtual consult with your client
- 15:15 – Why some dentists have given up presenting comprehensive care
- 15:38 – How does a practice increase profitability?
- 18:50 – Trend #3
- 19:10 – How COVID-19 has shone a light on the healthcare system
- 21:30 – Trend #4
- 21:57 – The stronger your immune system is the better you’re prepared to fight off the virus
- 23:25 – We have a window of opportunity to talk to our patients about how a healthy mouth leads to a healthy body
- 23:40 – Gary recommends a book for our listeners
- 25:07 – Recap of 4 trends
- 25:38 – 5th trend
- 27:04 – What Delta said last December
- 29:00 – Question 1: How can I build a relationship side of my practice in the COVID-19 era?
- 31:28 – How Linda Miles taught me of ‘’Evening We care calls.’’ How to call the patients before their appointment
- 34:44 – Question 2: I like your suggestion of longer appointments with more comprehensive care, but my patients are not accustomed to that style of practice. How can I help them appreciate this approach?
- 35:30 – How to agree our clients to do a virtual consult
- 37:31 – Question 3: Gary, my practice is infected with PPO plans. Would I be better off just selling my practice and buying a fee-for-service practice?
- 40:00 – Math example: How you are economically going to be a lot better off transitioning your practice.
- 42:45 – Question 4: How can I help my patients understand how oral health improves their overall health?
- 45:40 – How do you get people interested in the oral-systemic connection.
- 49:00 – Homework Assignment
- 50:00 – Announcement on virtual coaching
Recommended Book to read:
Beat the Heart Attack Gene: The Revolutionary Plan to Prevent Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes – Bradley Bale M.D.
Podcast Assistance by Jodey Smith, Rodecaster Expert Category: Thriving Dentist Show