Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Call tracking is a tool that allows businesses to track and analyze phone calls from customers, and this is especially critical for dental practices. By analyzing call data, practices can gain insight into patient behavior, preferences, and pain points. These insights can then be used to improve customer service, optimize marketing strategies, and enhance the overall patient experience. In this episode, Gary shares his personal experience and explains why call tracking is crucial for a dental practice’s success. He also reveals how call tracking can provide valuable insights into a practice’s performance and shares tips on how to enhance call tracking metrics.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:04:42 – Mo Budak on History of Dentistry Episode 2
Coaching in action
- 00:09:23 – Gary and Naren talk about why tracking metrics are important
- 00:14:29 – Gary shares his personal experience regarding call tracking
- 00:18:13 – Gary explains call-tracking metrics using analogies
- 00:22:18 – Solution 1 to enhance call tracking
- 00:27:55 – Solution 2 to enhance call tracking
- 00:28:44 – Solution 3 to enhance call tracking
- 00:30:03 – Solution 4 to enhance call tracking
- 00:34:48 – Question 01 – My Marketing company does not have the capability to provide the data on missed calls. Are there other ways to get this information?
- 00:36:40 – Question 02 – Gary, I have a ‘Good News, Bad News’ question. The Good News is that you have inspired me to learn my data on missed calls during business hours, and the Bad News is that we are missing over 40% of our calls. Can you suggest solutions to fix this?
- 00:39:58 – Question 03 – Does a practice need to be a certain size before creating an internal ‘Call Center’?
- 00:47:32 – Question 04 – Given that Team Member wages is the highest expense category on my Profit & Loss Statement, I am concerned about adding an additional Team Member for phone coverage, but I am also frustrated about my percentage of missed calls. Should I just take a leap and hire another admin team member?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!