Gary Takacs is a well-known presence in dental practice consulting. He brings deep knowledge of the individual elements of business success together with genuine compassion for the dilemma of the dentist in today’s insurance-driven culture. As the host of a couple of podcast series, Gary guides dental professionals to a healthier practice style that lets them deliver hallmark-level quality of care.
As co-owner of a dental practice, Gary has first-hand experience in making the transformation from high-volume/low fee insurance dependency to a fee for service model. His lively discussions run the gamut from eye-opening lessons in cost accounting to communication that shows consumers what they have to gain from a patient-centric practice.
He is a published author, progressive rock fan, biker, businessman, and a family man – Gary Takacs always has unique perspectives to share.
- A summa cum laude alumnus of the University of Oregon.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) History at the University of Oregon.
- Honorary Omicron Kappa Upsilon Member.
- Instructor at Midwestern University School of Dental Medicine (Glendale, AZ).
- Owner of LifeSmiles Dental Care in partnership with Dr. Paul Nielson and Dr. Tim Schmidt.
- Founder and Owner of the Takacs Learning Center (since 1989).
- Founder of the Thriving Dentist Show, the #1 Dental Podcast on iTunes &
Google Play and has been downloaded by Dentists in 178 countries.
- A Dental Practice Coach.
- Co-host of Less Insurance Dependence Podcast.
- Instructor on ‘Business of Dentistry’ at The Pankey Institute (Key Biscayne, FL).
- Consistently recognized as one of the most entertaining speakers in Dentistry.
- Gary frequently addresses dentists and team members at national dental
meetings, regional seminars, and study club meetings in the United States and internationally as well.
- Gary has spoken at most of the major Dental Conferences in the US.
- Gary is also frequently invited to speak at International Conferences. He has spoken in the following Countries; Canada, England, Scotland, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and China.
- Gary has published over 350 articles on practice management topics in
- His articles have been published in leading journals including;
- Dentistry Today
- Dental Management
- Dental Update
- DentalPractice & Finance
- AGD Impact
- Dental Business Today
- Dental Economics
- Many State Journals.
- Gary also publishes the highly-acclaimed written blog titled, Keep Smiling!