In this episode Gary will talk about Daniel Goleman’s 6 leadership styles and give you examples of how you can apply these styles and 6 common challenges in a dental practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
These are Daniel Goleman’s 6 leadership styles
- The Authoritative (Visionary) Leader
- The Coaching Leader
- The Affiliative Leader
- The Democratic Leader
- The Pacesetting Leader
- The Coercive (Commanding) Leader
Tune into the episode to find out how to solve challenges in you dental practice using these styles of leadership.
- 00:00:25 – Introduction to the episode
- 00:00:59 – Announcement on the iLove dentistry Facebook group.
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:46 – A plan to improve your practice growth in 2022 by Art Wiederan
Coaching In Action
- 00:10:32 – Gary talks about leadership?
- 00:10:59 – Gary shares a recap of a past episode with Daniel Goleman on Leadership.
- 00:12:18 – Gary talks about a wonderful analogy from Daniel Goleman.
- 00:14:05 – Gary talks about Daniel Goleman’s 6 different styles of leadership.
- 00:14:24 – Number 1
- 00:14:56 – Number 2
- 00:15:12 – Number 3
- 00:15:24 – Number 4
- 00:15:35 – Number 5
- 00:15:48 – Number 6
- 00:17:18 – An audio clip of Daniel Goleman talking about emotional intelligence
- 00:22:16 – Gary talks about 6 different challenges and the leadership style that can be used to solve it.
- 00:22:35 – Challenge Number 1
- 00:25:18 – Challenge Number 2
- 00:25:55 – Challenge Number 3
- 00:27:18 – Challenge Number 4
- 00:29:00 – Challenge Number 5
- 00:30:43 – Challenge Number 6
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!