The cost of a dental school education has risen rapidly and Dentists are graduating with very high levels of student loan debt. To help Dentists develop a successful plan to retire student loans as soon as possible, Gary invited his friend Mark Johnson to be a guest on the Thriving Dentist Show.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In this interview Gary and Mark discuss;
- the best time to start planning for repaying student loan debt,
- the most important elements to consider in your loan repayment strategy,
- everything you need to know about income based repayment plans,
- the four variations of income based repayment plans,
- why the time between your dental school graduation and your first day of work as a Dentist is such a critical time,
- when you could benefit from refinancing student loan debt through a private lender versus keeping your loans in a Federal program,
- why lowering your interest rate is not the only consideration when refinancing your student loans with a private lender,
- biggest mistakes Dentists make in loan repayment planning and how to avoid these mistakes,
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs
- and many other tips that will help you pay off your student loans quickly!
Links for the ‘Let’s Ask David’ segment with Dr. David Hornbrook:
Website for Gary’s New ‘Less Insurance Dependence’ podcast: www.lessinsurancedependence.
Link to the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast: https://apple.co/2RBzoVf
Mark’s website: www.StudentLoansRx.com
Connect with Mark on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!