CoDiscovery is a process that was introduced to the dental profession many years ago by Dr. L.D. Pankey and Dr. Peter Dawson (among others) to help patients take a greater interest in comprehensive care.
In terms of diagnosis, treatment planning and case presentation, most Dentists were taught to identify an issue in the patient’s mouth and then recommend a solution to that issue. That works fine for simple or necessary dentistry. It doesn’t work so well for comprehensive care. CoDiscovery is an extremely effective way develop authentic relationships with patients and guide them to take a greater interest in their oral health.
In this Thriving Dentist Show interview, Gary invited his friend Dr. Paul Henny as a Guest to discuss how to successfully integrate the CoDiscovery process in your practice. In this Show Gary and Paul discuss:
- The definition of CoDiscovery, the history and background of the CoDiscovery process and why it is so effective,
- the Three-Phase Adult Education model and why each phase is so important,
- the three tiers of dentistry as developed by Avrom King over 40 years ago and how his predictions have played out,
- the role of neuroscience and brain anatomy in CoDiscovery,
- an introduction to the science of psychoneuroendocrinology,
- when to use the CoDiscovery process and perhaps more importantly when NOT to use it
- and the upcoming CoDiscovery MasterClass Workshop co-taught by Gary and Paul on April 3-4, 2020 in Chicago.
You will really enjoy Paul’s passion around the CoDiscovery process and you will find this process to increase your effectiveness with your patients!
Link to the Thriving Dentist Show interview with Dr. Paul Henny titled, ‘Dr Bob Barkley and Why He Matters Even More Today’ http://bit.ly/29pHv29
Paul’s website: www.codiscovery.com
Paul’s email address: paul@paulhennyDDS.com
Link to the CoDiscovery MasterClass Workshop, April 3-4 in Medinah, IL http://bit.ly/CoDiscoveryMasterClass
Link to the Bob Barkley Study Club FaceBook Group https://www.facebook.com/bobbarkley.studyclub
Link to Gary’s webinar: How to Control Your Overhead at 60% or Less (September 10, 5pm Pacific Time) www.lessinsurancedependence.com/webinar
Category: Thriving Dentist Show