In this episode, Gary talks about a dual confirmation system to follow up on patient appointments and make sure they turn up for their appointment without fail.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
He also shares information in this episode;
- Importance of having communication technology for appointments.
- The communication technology used in his practice.
- What you need to look into when purchasing a communication technology for your practice.
This episode also features a tip from Dr. Troy Pearce, DMD, on the importance of having a practice vision.
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:34– Importance of having a practice vision by Dr. Troy Pearce, DMD
Coaching In Action Segment
- 00:08:33 – What is a Dual Confirmation system?
- 00:09:10 – What does the term At Risk mean in the confirmation system?
- 00:10:57 – What does the acronym CLM stand for?
- 00:11:28 – What is the communication technology Gary uses in his practice?
- 00:11:48 – What is the most preferred method by patients for communication?
- 00:13:44 – What is a default confirmation system for hygiene?
- 00:23:14 – Question 1 – My team has been slow to adopt technology on confirmations. I notice they still make the majority of the confirmation using phone calls. There must be a better way. Your Thoughts?
- 00:27:02 – Question 2 – How is the best way to react to patients when they never respond to our confirmation messages?
- 00:30:41 – Question 3 – It has been my goal to reappoint 100% of my hygiene patients. I am beginning to think this is not the best approach. What do you think?
- 00:36:20 – Question 4 – Gary, Thanks to you, I now pay attention to my kept hygiene appointment percentage. Unfortunately, this exercise has been a bit sobering. I have discovered that our monthly kept hygiene percentage is in the mid 70%. How can I get it to your goal of 92% plus?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!