A significant problem dental practices are facing today is hiring staff. In this episode, Gary talks about effective strategies to hire staff.
This episode also features clinical tips from Dr. Neimar Sartori on How to use direct composite restorations to recontour anterior teeth, reshape laterals, or close diastemas
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Here are some things you will learn from this episode;
- What is strategic hiring?
- What happens when you hire out of desperation?
- Why should you write generic ads when posting for vacancies?
- Importance of looking to recruit staff who are not related to dentistry
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:18 – Neimar Sartori on How to use direct composite restorations to recontour anterior teeth, to reshape laterals or close diastemas
Coaching In Action
- 00:08:27 – Gary talk about his experience about placing job ads now and before
- 00:09:55– Gary talks about businesses being short handed
- 00:11:09 – Why’s it important to have a positive mindset when looking to fill up a position?
- 00:12:46 – Importance of reflecting if you’re creating the best practice in town?
- 00:13:35 – What is the realignment happening today’s force?
- 00:14:08 – Gary shares a story that happened with one of his clients’ practices?
- 00:18:59 – Gary shares some tactical suggestion to hire people
- 00:19:07 – Importance of looking to recruit staff who are not related to dentistry
- 00:22:34 – What is strategic hiring?
- 00:23:25 – What happens when you hire out of desperation?
- 00:24:49 – Why should you write generic ads when posting for vacancies?
- 00:29:40 – Question 1 – I like your suggestion of hiring from outside of dentistry. What kind of language could I use in my ad to attract people currently who are not in dentistry?
- 00:31:46 – Question 2 – One of my dental assistants told me she has been offered a job for 50% more than what I am currently paying her. She said she would love to stay. She said she would stay if I match the offer. Your thoughts?
- 00:35:17 – Question 3 – Should I consider offering raises proactively to my team members, rather than waiting for them to ask?
- 00:46:03 – Question 4 – I have some good interview questions that I have traditionally asked candidates. However I am always open to improving my interview skills. Do you have any suggested questions to ask in our interviews?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!