Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, we’re going to uncover the secrets of enhancing dental practices with an in-office membership plan. If you’ve ever wondered what a membership plan is and how it can benefit your practice, you’re in the right place. We’ll delve into the nitty-gritty details, including what to name your plan, what to include in your plan, and what’s the sweet spot for the discount. We’ll also discuss why annual membership plans are more effective. And, of course, we’ll talk about what to charge for your membership plan and the legal and administrative support you need to ensure a smooth implementation. So get ready to take your dental practice to the next level with this game-changing strategy. Let’s dive in and unlock the full potential of your practice with an in-office membership plan.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical tip
- 00:02:57 – Steve Yusupov on Multi-Unit Abutment
Coaching in action
- 00:09:45 – Gary and Naren talk about the importance of loyalty/ affinity plans
Gary talks about dental membership plans
- 00:12:46 – What is a membership plan
- 00:13:43 – What to & not to name your plan
- 00:14:25 – What to include in your plan
- 00:15:24 – What’s the sweet spot for the discount
- 00:16:33 – Why annual membership plans are more effective
- 00:19:09 – The most significant benefit of all
- 00:20:57 – What to charge for your membership plan
- 00:22:13 – Legal and administrative support
- 00:27:17 – Question 01 – What is the best way to market our in-office Membership Plan to my community?
- 00:37:12 – Question 02 – I’m undecided on whether I should administer my in-office membership plan in house or use an outside resource. Your thoughts?
- 00:40:15 – Question 03 – I pay my hygienists on a commission. What is the best way to calculate the commission for membership plan patients?
- 00:42:37 – Question 04 – We do some high value services such as place and restore dental implants and adult orthodontics. Implants have some higher hardware costs and the lab fee for Invisalign is significant. Would you consider excluding some services that would not be covered under our in-office membership plan?
- 00:45:53 – Question 05 – I wish I would have listened to this episode before I set my in-office membership plan discount percentage! I set ours at 20%. Can you suggest a good approach to change it to the 10% that you’re recommending?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!