The social disconnect is a significant problem for dentists. We are often so busy finding time to connect with our peers can be challenging. As the demand for more convenient patient appointment times increases, we work longer, less sociable hours to meet that demand. This can lead to a less favorable work/life balance.
So how can dentists solve this problem of social disconnect? By joining communities!
In this episode, Gary will talk about the different types of dental communities you can join and the importance of joining a community.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Dr. Jennifer Vitez, DMD on Prepping Tips For Indirect Restorations.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:36 – Prepping tips for indirect restoration by Dr. Jennifer Vitez, DMD
Coaching In Action
- 00:09:32 – Gary talks about Jim Rohn quote.
- 00:09:57 – Why is today’s episode topic timely and important.
- 00:11:53 – Gary provides a sneak peek of next week’s episode.
- 00:13:05 – An advice from Dr. Pankey you need to revisit throughout your career.
- 00:15:20 – What is the cooling thing about dentistry
- 00:15:45 – Why is it important to have a community for a dentist?
- 00:17:36 – Naren shares an experience of one of Gary’s clients regarding the importance of being part of a community.
- 00:19:06 – Gary talks about communities that can help with a CE path.
- 00:26:48 – Community Academies
- 00:28:29 – Dental Implant Communities
- 00:29:03 – Fun Dentist Communities to join
- 00:31:05 – Question Number 1 – What is a reasonable goal for annual CE hours if my ultimate goal is to become a Master Dentist as defined by Dr. L.D. Pankey?
- 00:35:34 – Question Number 2 – One of my challenges is that I genuinely enjoy doing all aspects of clinical dentistry. However, I am beginning to think that a better approach might be to narrow my focus and go deeper on certain high value services. Any suggestions?
- 00:38:29 – Question Number 3 – Are there any communities in dentistry that would be beneficial for my Team Members?
- 00:42:59 – Question Number 4 – I really enjoy doing cosmetic dentistry and I am a member of the AACD. I would like to become Accredited by the AACD but I know that I may need some guidance and some accountability to complete the journey. Can you recommend any resources?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!