There are a number of young Dentists who are really doing some very cool things to advance the dental dental profession. This Thriving Dentist Show interview is with one of those progressive, young Dentists. His name is Dr. Brian Baliwas and he practices in San Francisco.
In this Show Gary and Brian discuss;
- Brian’s story of his unremarkable college experience (2.7GPA) and how he overcame this to get accepted into dental school,
- why Brian has chosen to practice in an insurance free model,
- the simple math that Brian used to decide not to participate with PPO Plans,
- how Brian is out of network with PPO Plans yet remains insurance-friendly to his patients,
- how he is able to succeed in a highly competitive area without the influence of insurance,
- how Brian talks with his patients about dental insurance,
- his simple yet profound approach of doing good dentistry and treating people right,
- how Brian used a powerful social media plan to attract 1,000+ new patients in less than three years,
- why Instagram is Brian’s preferred social media channel and how he has attracted almost 25,000 Instagram followers,
- why Brian was one of the co-founders of the Dental Influencers Alliance (DIA),
- a summary of the DIA 2018 Conference and plans for future DIA Conferences.
Throughout the interview you will be inspired by Brian’s enthusiasm and passion for helping his patients enjoy the benefits of a beautiful, healthy smile!
Links for ‘Top Clinical Tips; with Dr. Lee Ann Brady:
Restorative Nation Website:
Website for Gary’s New ‘Less Insurance Dependence’ podcast:
Link to the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast:
Link to Brian’s Instagram account:
Link to Dental Influencers Alliance Instagram account:
Website for Dental Influencers Alliance:
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!