The technology we have in dentistry today in nothing short of amazing! And it keeps getting better. It’s a great time to be a Dentist and also a brilliant time to be a dental patient as well.
In this Thriving Dentist Show, Gary invited his friend and client, Dr. John Ravera as a guest on the show to talk about his unique solution to adding CAD-CAM dentistry to his Newport Beach practice at less than half the cost of the traditional CEREC route.
In this Show, Gary and John discuss;
- John’s absolute passion for CAD-CAM dentistry,
- the four components of a CAD-CAM system (scanner, design software, milling machine, oven),
- the advantages of an ‘open’ architecture CAD-CAM system vs a ‘closed’ architecture CAD-CAM system,
- the complete details of how John added CAD-CAM to his practice at less than half the cost,
- why training on the design software is so important
- and many other pearls related to successfully implementing CAD-CAM technology in your practice.
For some Dentists the best route may be to purchase a new CEREC system. Other Dentists may be very intrigued by following a path similar to John’s. In any case, it’s great to have choices!
Links for ‘Top Clinical Tips; with Dr. Lee Ann Brady:
Restorative Nation Website:
Source for Lee’s preferred Bite Registration Paste:
Website for Gary’s New ‘Less Insurance Dependence’ podcast:
Link to the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast:
Email address for John Ravera:
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!