In this Thriving Dentist Show interview, Gary invited his friend Dr. Paul Henny as a Guest to discuss how to integrate the CoDiscovery process in your practice successfully.
In terms of diagnosis, treatment planning, and case presentation, most Dentists were taught to identify an issue in the patient’s mouth and then recommend a solution. That works fine for simple or necessary dentistry. It doesn’t work so well for comprehensive care. CoDiscovery is a highly effective way to develop authentic relationships with patients and guide them to take a greater interest in their oral health.
Contact Dr. Paul Henny, DDS.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:26 – Introduction to the episode.
- 00:01:32 – Who is Dr. Paul Henny DDS?
- 00:03:38 – What is the concept of Co-Discovery?
- 00:05:19 – Who is Dr. Bob Barkley?
- 00:13:38 – Paul talks about his experience of being taught about case presentation in dental school.
- 00:16:17 – Paul talks about his dental practice and the practice culture in his practice.
- 00:21:23 – How do you represent a relationship driven practice to you patients according to Dr. Paul?
- 00:24:35 – Why is the bar so low in healthcare when it comes to being relationship driven with patients?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!