“A picture is worth a thousand words!” We have all heard this adage which speaks to the effectiveness of photographs. In this week’s episode, Gary emphasizes the importance of “After” photos to promote high-value services in your dental practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Many patients are unaware of what modern dentistry can do to help them look and feel their best. Therefore it is incumbent on us to show them what is possible. In this episode, Gary and Naren discuss the importance of “after” photos and how dentists can effectively leverage them to subtly influence patients to choose high-value services.
This episode also features a useful clinical tip from Dr. Chris Marchack on how to get better fitting margins when you are using a digital scanner. If you are on the sidelines and are yet to make the move to digital scans, this tip will nudge you to embrace digital scanning. Listen Now!
- 00:00:24 – Introduction
- 00:00:44 – Announcements
- 00:02:42 – Clinical Tip by Dr. Chris Marchack DDS, – How to get better fitting margins when you’re using a digital scanner and doing milled restorations.
- 00:08:41 – How does this episode relate to Dr.Robert Cialdini’s principles?
- 00:10:18 – A back story on how a picture is worth a thousand words.
- 00:19:39 – How does LifeSmiles use photos in their practice?
- 00:20:45 – How should the language be when we are discussing photos with patients?
- 00:27:17 – How to get your own after photos for your practice?
- 00:38:24 – Question 1 – I consider myself to be a fairly competent photographer. Do you think I could take these after photos myself or would it be better to enlist the services of a professional photographer?
- 00:40:31 – Question 2 – Gary, I really like your idea of creating a photoshoot event with selected patients to get these after photos. However, I really have no experience coordinating an event like this. How would you recommend that I do this?
- 00:42:53 – Question 3 – Once we get these after photos, are there other ways to use these photos other than for display in my office?
- 00:46:37 – Question 4 – Have you ever had a patient refuse to sign the ‘model release form?
- 00:50:02 – Question 5 – Do you think it is useful to use ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos to help patients see how treatment has transformed the patient’s appearance and function?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!