What is focused time? Focused time is to have an uninterrupted time to focus on the essential work in a prioritized manner. This helps the most common problem of time management in the most innovative way possible. Focused time also helps you eliminate procrastination by having a set schedule of to-do’s and deadlines.
Focused time is correlated to many things, simple changes that can produce unbelievable results within oneself and a team. However, one of the most significant attributes of success is discipline. Discipline allows you to stay focused on your goals, helps you foresee obstacles and urgency that can be eliminated on time with little to no stress.
In this episode, Gary discusses how to use focus time in a thriving practice, the importance of scheduling, implementing new strategies, and the effects of unscheduled treatment plans.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In addition, Gary discusses Steven Covey’s time management quadrant model to understand the difference between that which is urgent versus that which is important.
Special clinical tip presented to us by Doctor Firas Zoubi from Germany, a dentist specializing in aesthetic, restorative dentistry, and oral surgery. Dr. Firas Zoabi speaks on how to prepare for minimally invasive veneers.
Today’s Clinical Tip
Coaching In Action
- 00:09:43 – How to use focus time in a thriving practice?
- 00:14:33 – Gary shares the solution he created for LifeSmiles.
- 00:18:37 – What did Dr. Omer Reed Mean by “file cabinet millionaires.”
- 00:19:23 – Gary talks about one of his clients unscheduled treatment plan reports.
- 00:20:55 – How can you do “focus time” if you have only one person in your front desk team?
- 00:23:45 – What is Stephen Covey’s time management quadrant?
- 00:33:21 – Question 1 – Currently I have one front desk team member. Is it possible to apply this focus time on my schedule with one front desk team member?
- 00:36:48 – Question 2 – What specific activities does your doctor scheduling coordinator do during this focus time to fill my schedule to goal?
- 00:42:00 – Question 3 – I love your strategy of call recording and call coaching. I would expect some pushback from my team members on this. How can I overcome my potential push back?
- 00:48:58 – Question 4 – You introduced a phrase that I am drawn to. That phrase is scheduling to goal. This is a new concept in our practice. Can you talk more about the concept of scheduling to goal?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!