In this episode, Gary Takacs shares his insights on the DISC personality styles, while explaining in detail each category, and how to identify each personality style to help transform your dental practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
DISC can be used to help you learn how to work
- with your team to function effectively as a team.
- with your patients to communicate effectively with them.
In addition to these, Gary will talk in detail on
- The DISC test and how to take it
- The benefits of DISC for your practice
- How to apply it to your team members and patients
- How to deal with each personality type of patients and use them to be more effective
- How to enroll staff based on the DISC test
- Why DISC is important and a game-changer for a practice
- Each category and their personality styles in depth
Do you have a question you would like Gary to answer in the next episode’s Q&A Segment? Ask Gary now!Check what our listeners had to say about the show!
Tune into this week’s episode to learn how DISC can be a game-changer for your practice and how to start using it to experience massive benefits.
- 0:26 – Introduction to today’s episode
- 01:18 – Announcement on MBA Workshop
- 02:43 – Get access to the TD Free Resource Library
- 03:40 – Naren interviews Gary
- 04:09 – 2 main benefits of DISC for a dental practice
- 04:54 – World of psychology
- 05:38 – How the human brain is designed
- 06:28 – Are Dentists analytical or creative?
- 08:00 – The 4 categories of DISC
- 08:45 – Gary’s exposure to the DISC personality styles
- 11:40 – How it allows you to develop a relationship with your team & your patients
- 12:22 – What is the DISC test & how to take it?
- 13:23 – Chris Locurto is considered the world’s foremost authority on the DISC personality styles
- 14:11 – D stands for Dominance/ Driver
- 17:09 – I stands for Influence
- 18:32 – S stands for steady & C stands for compliance
- 22:46 – Why do some of your patients question more about the treatments?
- 24:09 – Which patients are more faithful about keeping their appointments?
- 25:06 – What personality type do we need for a Team?
- 29:04 – How do we use this with our patients?
- 30:20 – Which personality type does Gary fit in?
- 32:18 – Q&A session
Question 1: I’ve heard you talk about the DISC personality styles. Can you give me some tips for me and my team on how to correctly identify the personality type of our patients?
- 36:38 – I seem to hire people that are very much like myself, and this was confirmed when we all took the DISC personality styles test. How can I break this habit and hire a more diverse team?
- 39:03 – Which personality style makes the best office manager?
- 41:50 – I find the subject fascinating – can you recommend other resources I can learn from?
- 44:43 – How can the DISC personality styles be applied in case presentation?
- 47:40 – How to interact with patients of different DISC personality types
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!