The Covid-19 pandemic has brought about unprecedented policy changes which have had major consequences on dentistry and dental HR. This week, Gary has invited Ali Oromchian, Founder and CEO of HR for Health to discuss the impact of these changes and how practices can successfully manage HR while avoiding any landmines.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
This episode also will help you understand :
- What the FFCRA is
- Are dentists exempt from paying FFCRA to their employees?
- Should travel be restricted in dentistry?
- The importance of the HR manual
- Hurdles faced when making the HR manual and how HR for Health can help you make it
If you want to know everything about successfully managing HR, listen to the episode now!
There is also an Exclusive Halloween Offer for the listeners of this episode. Hope you find this episode useful.
- 00:00:25 – Introduction.
- 00:02:36 – How has COVID has affected dental practices?
- 00:06:57 – A new acronym you need to know.
- 00:07:13 – Are dentists exempt from providing FFCRA to their employees?
- 00:08:11 – The 2 groups exempted from FFCRA
- 00:09:41 – What did California decide about the FFCRA exemption?
- 00:10:19 – Is the FFCRA federally mandated or does the state have a jurisdiction?
- 00:13:27 – If you’re in a state where FFCRA is not exempt, can you get money back from giving FFCRA leave to your employees?
- 00:17:36 – The 2 Components the FFCRA is broken down into?
- 00:19:49 – If someone stays out on unpaid leave are you required to save their position?
- 00:25:45 – Should travel be restricted? What dentistry will look like if travel is not restricted?
- 00:30:50 – Hurdles people come across when making an HR manual.
- 00:35:52 – Why does Ali Oromchian think HR solutions are more important than ever for dentists?
- 00:42:02 – Free Give away for TD listeners
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!