In this episode, Gary will talk about the difference between doing what’s important and urgent.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
To better understand the difference between the 2, Gary will also share 3 specific applications in a dental practice where this can be applied.
So are you being distracted by urgent tasks and missing out on the important ones in your practice? Tune in to the episode to find out.
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:02 – How to utilize and develop your dental assistant by Dr.Mauricio Rodriguez, DDS.
Coaching In Action Segment
- 00:09:33 – What is the time management matrix?
- 00:10:59 – Backstory Number 1.
- 00:13:01 – Backstory Number 2.
- 00:17:38 – Backstory Number 3 shared by Naren.
- 00:19:29 – What is a Franklin Covey planner?
- 00:21:36 – Gary talks about 3 applications: when to put urgent vs. important into action?
- 00:36:42 – Question 1 – I love this distinction between important versus urgent. My scheduling coordinator is an awesome team member. But she often gets distracted by other pressing activities in the practice. How can I help her focus?
- 00:41:08 – Question 2 – How much follow up is appropriate with regards to unscheduled treatment plans?
- 00:42:47 – Question 3 – I have 2 new hygienists in my practice. I feel like we need to recalibrate to get everyone on the same page regarding diagnosing and treating periodontal disease. How do we accomplish this?
- 00:46:20 – Question 4 – My biggest problem is the 45% discount I am subjected to under PPO Contracts. 85% of my practice are PPO patients. What is the most important thing I can do to change this?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!