Periodontal disease is an epidemic in today’s world amongst adults, yet most practices cannot get their hygiene department to treat even 30% of patients for periodontitis. Why is that?
Listen to the episode to determine why and how you can implement a 4 part system to treat periodontal disease in your practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Dentistry is usually about changing people’s lives, but this is an area in dentistry where you will be saving lives as there is a direct causal relationship between periodontal disease and oral-systemic health.
Here are a few diseases linked to Periodontal disease,
- Heart disease
So by taking care of a person’s oral health, you’ll be able to take care of their overall health.
In this episode, Gary talks about how you can implement a 4 part system to treat periodontal disease in your practice and help patients take care of their overall health by ensuring they have good oral health.
Coaching In Action
- 00:04:24 – Why does Gary believe that Perio is an area where dentists will be saving lives?
- 00:06:06 – What are some of the diseases that have a direct relationship with Periodontal disease?
- 00:09:23 – What will happen if Gingivitis is not treated?
- 00:12:39 – Gary talks about how you can bring a system to do Perio back into your practice.
- 00:15:56 – Gary shares a story to help you understand the importance of a personal connection with the patient.
- 00:19:07 – Gary talks about a 4 part system to treat Perio in your practice
- 00:19:12 – Number one
- 00:19:41 – Number two
- 00:20:14 – Number three
- 00:20:50 – Number four
Today’s Thriving Dentist Dental CPA Insight
- 00:23:44 – 3 Signs Of A Miserable Dentist by David J Goodman, CPA
- 00:29:10 – Question 1 – Our patients are very insurance oriented, and they always ask if this Perio treatment is covered by their insurance. How is the best way to respond?
- 00:36:04 – Question 2 – Is it useful to incorporate a laser in our Perio therapy program?
- 00:37:40 – Question 3 – I am really intrigued about salivary diagnostics. Where can I learn more?
- 00:41:08 – Question 4 – I have four hygienists on my team. Some are more interested in Perio than others. How can I calibrate them and get them all on the same page?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!