Periodontal disease is an epidemic in today’s world amongst adults, yet most practices cannot get their hygiene department to treat even 30% of patients for periodontitis. Why is that?
Listen to the episode to determine why and how you can implement a 4 part system to treat periodontal disease in your practice.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Dentistry is usually about changing people’s lives, but this is an area in dentistry where you will be saving lives as there is a direct causal relationship between periodontal disease and oral-systemic health.
Here are a few diseases linked to Periodontal disease,
- Heart disease
So by taking care of a person’s oral health, you’ll be able to take care of their overall health.
In this episode, Gary talks about how you can implement a 4 part system to treat periodontal disease in your practice and help patients take care of their overall health by ensuring they have good oral health.
- 00:24:00 – Introduction to the episode.
- 00:01:50 – Announcement on The Thriving Dentist MBA Workshop
Coaching In Action
- 00:04:24 – Why does Gary believe that Perio is an area where dentists will be saving lives?
- 00:06:06 – What are some of the diseases that have a direct relationship with Periodontal disease?
- 00:09:23 – What will happen if Gingivitis is not treated?
- 00:12:39 – Gary talks about how you can bring a system to do Perio back into your practice.
- 00:15:56 – Gary shares a story to help you understand the importance of a personal connection with the patient.
- 00:19:07 – Gary talks about a 4 part system to treat Perio in your practice
- 00:19:12 – Number one
- 00:19:41 – Number two
- 00:20:14 – Number three
- 00:20:50 – Number four
Today’s Thriving Dentist Dental CPA Insight
- 00:23:44 – 3 Signs Of A Miserable Dentist by David J Goodman, CPA
- 00:29:10 – Question 1 – Our patients are very insurance oriented, and they always ask if this Perio treatment is covered by their insurance. How is the best way to respond?
- 00:36:04 – Question 2 – Is it useful to incorporate a laser in our Perio therapy program?
- 00:37:40 – Question 3 – I am really intrigued about salivary diagnostics. Where can I learn more?
- 00:41:08 – Question 4 – I have four hygienists on my team. Some are more interested in Perio than others. How can I calibrate them and get them all on the same page?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!