To achieve excellence in dentistry is to receive gratitude and appreciation from patients.
Gratitude is related to greater happiness and positive experiences.
When you receive gratitude and appreciation from your patients, it means they play an essential role in being a loyal patient to your practice and that you are succeeding in the relationship-driven practice between you and your patient.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
For you to achieve your goal as a full potential dentist You need to know Dr. L. D. Pankey’s four fundamental principles
In this episode, Gary discusses the importance of knowing your patient and the four critical principles of L. D Pankey.
Dr. Celine Higton, a General Dentist from London will be providing a tip on “How to help patients accept your treatment recommendations” in The Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip Segment.
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:39 – Patient acceptance of treatment options by Dr. Céline Higton
Coaching In Action
- 00:06:54 – Gary talks about his journey with Dr. Dr.Paul Nielsen
- 00:07:56 – What are the 4 things a dentist must know to reach his/her full potential?
- 00:08:37 – What does Know Yourself mean?
- 00:09:11 – What does Know Your Patient mean?
- 00:09:40 – What does Know Your Work mean?
- 00:09:51 – Gary talks about Dr. L.D.Pankey’s Mastery Ladder
- 00:11:17 – What does Applying Your Knowledge mean?
- 00:11:56 – Gary Shares a story of an Elementary School teacher and her student
- 00:24:06 – Question 1 – Like many dentists, I would like to be able to spend more time with my patients. However, I find myself often raising off to the next patient. Any tips or suggestions?
- 00:29:29 – Question 2 – I have a great team and I think they do a very good job on the relationship driven aspect of our practice. However I would like to think that we can always improve. Can you provide any suggestions for us to raise the bar on being relationship driven?
- 00:35:08 – Question 3 – At one time I was very faithful about making evening we care calls. Somehow I got away from that. What do you think about making these calls in 2021?
- 00:39:05 – Question 4 – Gary, I have heard you talk about the last question to ask in your morning huddle. Can you please share that with us?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!