A common denominator amongst world-class dentists is that they have developed strong leadership skills. Many dentists believe that they are not natural leaders, but leadership is a quality that can be learned and developed, and in this episode, Gary will help you learn and develop this skill.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
There are 6 different leadership styles that can be learned and implemented in various situations accordingly.
In this episode, Gary will also talk about the 6 leadership styles defined by Daniel Goleman that will help you develop your leadership skills.
Coaching In Action
- 00:05:53 – Who is a world-class dentist?
- 00:06:24 – What is the common denominator amongst world-class dentists?
- 00:07:03 – What did Gary discover when he spoke to dentists about leadership?
- 00:08:16 – Gary talks about an article by Daniel Goleman.
- 00:13:24 – Does Naren agree with Gary about leadership being learned?
- 00:14:45 – What is a team?
- 00:15:58 – Gary talks about the 6 different leadership styles
- 00:17:10 – Style Number 1
- 00:19:54 – Style Number 2
- 00:22:25 – Style Number 3
- 00:23:34 – Style Number 4
- 00:25:40 – Style Number 5
- 00:26:41 – Style Number 6
Today’s Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip
- 00:29:27 – Wealth Accumulation by Allen Schiff, CPA, CFE.
- 00:35:11 – Question 1 – I know I need to improve my leadership skills. Can you suggest books or other resources for me?
- 00:37:13 – Question 2 – Which of the 6 leadership styles do you think is most effective?
- 00:39:38 – Question 3 – My practice seems to be stuck at a plateau. I have a great team, but I feel like we are stuck. Which leadership style would you recommend to help us get unstuck? And continue our development?
- 00:44:46 – Question 4 – In reflecting about myself I realized that I really only have 1 leadership style. Maybe 2. How can I expand my repertory?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!