There are many successful practice models today in dentistry including solo private practice, multi-office DSO group and large single location practice to name three successful models.
In this Thriving Dentist Show Gary invited his friend Stacy Aldmeyer to talk about lessons from a successful large private group practice. Stacy is the COO of Family First Dental, with 32 locations and 230 Team Members. Family First Dental is owned by their founding Dentist and they are doing many things well that can be successfully applied by our listeners.
In this interview Gary and Stacy discuss;
- benefits of practicing in small, rural towns,
- how some towns have provided financial incentives for Family First Dental to open a dental office,
- tips for attracting and keeping the best possible Team Members,
- Stacy’s principle of hire, train and trust,
- how to encourage a perspective of lifelong learning among dental Team Members
- and the importance of recognition (emotional and financial) in attracting and retaining a great Team.
Stacy offers a wealth of experience that you can apply to your practice model!
Links for ‘Let’s Ask David’ segment with Dr. David Hornbrook:
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!