This episode is about why you shouldn’t be coasting if you want your practice to be a world-class dental practice. Gary also talks about the story of Terry Bradshaw and explains why you must stop coasting if you wish to have a thriving dental practice.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Dr. Chris Marchack, DDS.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Many dental practices have hit the pause button on developing their practice because of the COVID Pandemic, but it can be on pause forever. So now practices need to set a goal and work towards it. In this episode, Gary will talk of ways to make sure your practice is not coasting and work towards becoming a thriving dental practice.
Today’s Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip
- 00:02:49 – How to Fabricate a provisional crown by Dr. Chris Marchack, DDS.
Coaching In Action
- 00:10:20 – Gary shares a back story of Discus Dental.
- 00:12:57 – Gary shares a story of Terry Bradshaw.
- 00:19:46 – How does Terry Bradshaw’s story apply to dentists today?
- 00:22:45 – Gary shares a story about Michael Jordan.
- 00:23:46 – Gary talks about the 2% who achieve mastery in dentistry.
- 00:27:40 – Gary talks about the longest running play on Broadway as a reference to why you shouldn’t coast.
- 00:29:10 – What are some things a dentist can do to make sure they are not coasting?
- 00:30:52 – Gary talks about his mentors.
- 00:33:03 – Question 1 – I have recently purchased a practice and like yours was Gary the practice I purchased is a fixer-upper. I feel a bit overwhelmed. There is so much to do. Where would you start?
- 00:37:27 – Question 2 – In terms of major initiatives can you name one project you have done at Life Smiles that has produced awesome results.
- 00:41:36 – Question 3 – How can I get my team members interested in growing the practice as I am?
- 00:49:57 – Question 4 – Like so many practices we deliberately hit pause on projects for the past year because of Covid 19. Is now the right time to get back on the accelerator?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!