In this Thriving Dentist episode, you will learn about some productive ways through which you can re-tool & recalibrate your body to better respond to challenges. And as a result, you can become more proactive in managing stress relief to have a more fulfilled career ahead.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
We must maintain a high level of health and fitness, both mentally and physically to achieve the fullest potential as a dentist. Like any other profession, Dentistry can be quite demanding.
Negative stress can quite easily impact the state of your health, leaving you more susceptible to experience physical symptoms, headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain, etc.
This can further add to the challenges & make it strenuous to navigate through. Staying active and healthy to be strong and focused in these challenging times is the key.
Tune into our podcast now to learn more!
- 00:24:00 – Introduction to the episode
- 00:01:28 – Announcements
- 00:03:50 – Clinical Tip by Chris Marchack, DDS on ‘’Articulating paper.’’
- 00:12:23 – About Uche Odiatu & his credentials
- 00:15:40 – Uche Odiatu talks about Stress Management
- 00:19:30 – 2 ways not to lower stress.
- 00:23:37 – Some steps suggested by Uche Odiatu to productively manage stress.
- 00:29:50 – What are some things you can do as dentists and team members that might help your patients manage stress.
- 00:37:44 – How amazing it is to breathe only through your nose when you workout.
- 00:45:39 – Importance of deep sleep.
- 00:46:27 – Sleep Hacks of Uche Odiatu.
- 00:49:08 – Importance of exercise.
- 00:52:16 – Tips on food intake.
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!