One of the main characteristics of world-class dental practices is their ability to attract and keep their best team members. In this episode, Gary reveals tips for attracting and retaining the best possible team members.
The episode also features a Clinical Tip from Dr. Rich Hirschinger, DDS, MBA.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In this episode, not only does Gary share five tips to attract and five tips to retain the best members in your team, but he also shares a bonus tip where he shows you the process he uses to hire the best possible team members for his practice Life Smiles.
- 00:24:00 – Introduction to the episode.
Today’s Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip
- 00:02:17 – How to recognize Trigeminal neuralgia by Dr. Rich Hirschinger, DDS, MBA
Coaching In Action
- 00:09:06 – What are the two common unavoidable circumstances for a team member to leave your practice?
- 00:11:33 – When a member leaves one practice to another, is it because of money or is there something deeper?
- 00:12:42 – Gary Shares a happy story that happened to one of his clients.
- 00:14:19 – Gary talks about attracting the best possible team members.
- 00:15:39 – Tip Number 1
- 00:18:56 – Tip Number 2
- 00:20:02 – Tip Number 3
- 00:24:48 – Tip Number 4
- 00:25:30 – Tip Number 5
- 00:26:59 – Gary shares five tips to keep the best team members
- 00:27:09 – Tip Number 1
- 00:27:44 – Tip Number 2
- 00:28:26 – Tip Number 3
- 00:28:51 – Tip Number 4
- 00:29:33 – Tip Number 5
- 00:31:00 – Question 1 – I have the opportunity to hire a team member coming from a corporate dental office. I’m impressed with this potential team member, but the DSO she is working for does not have a very good reputation. Would you still consider hiring her?
- 00:36:31 – Question 2 – I’m intrigued by the idea of hiring a potential team member from outside of dentistry. How can I troubleshoot to find out if dentistry is right for her?
- 00:40:10 – Question 3 – I have been guilty of micromanaging in the past, and I’d like to break that habit. What is the best way for me to become a more relaxed manager yet still get the results I want?
- 00:43:55 – Question 4 – Is a bonus system necessary to keep the best possible team members?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!