This week, Gary and Naren discuss the strategies to create a legacy practice and what you need to change to fan the flames of optimism and passion again.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
What’s more, we are excited to launch a new segment named “Thriving Dentist Clinical Tips.” This week we have Dr. Christopher Marchack with a clinical tip that will radically improve your patient’s experience.
Dentists often work very hard to build their practices. Yet somewhere in between, they lose their sense of purpose, passion, and optimism.
This episode will help you understand why building a legacy is the most powerful thing you can do and help you write the future chapters of your life and leave a lasting impression among your staff and patients. Listen now, and begin your journey today!
- 00:26:00 – Introduction
- 00:02:16 – Clinical Tip – Dr.Christopher Marchak
- 00:16:49 – Are you creating a legacy?
- 00:17:35 – Is having a legacy the answer to being happy or enjoying your life?
- 00:24:09 – What is a legacy?
- 00:24:23 – Examples of Doctors who left a legacy in Dentistry.
- 00:26:12 – Question 1 – Gary, I am an early career Dentist and sadly, I am already feeling signs of burnout. What can I do to turn things around and become excited again about my career as a Dentist?
- 00:32:47 – Question 2 – I am a solo, female Dentist, and one of the biggest challenges I am experiencing in achieving an effective work/life balance. Most times I feel like I am not giving enough attention to my family. Any suggestions?
- 00:41:05 – Question 3 – I have heard you talk about leaving a Legacy and it hits home for me. I’m that Dentist who feels like I am doing good work and making a difference but it’s not quite up to the Legacy level. As I think about what needs to change, the number 1 thing for me is dropping PPO Plans. I’m nervous about doing that because so many of my patients have insurance and I’m afraid I’ll lose them. Your thoughts?
- 00:45:36 – Question 4 – I’m currently working as an Associate Dentist in a smaller DSO. It’s a decent job, but far from ideal. I know that the only way I am going to find true fulfilment in dentistry and ultimately leave a Legacy is to own a practice. Can you suggest the best path to become a practice owner?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!