Too many practices view the hygiene department as a loss leader. It has unfortunately popularized the misconception that the hygiene department is a loss leader. In today’s episode, Gary and Naren discuss why a hygiene driven practice is the backbone of any world-class practice and Strategies to fill 92 percent or more of your available hygiene appointments.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Hygiene represents a hidden potential for many practices. In this week’s episode, Gary outlines 4 essential goals for any hygiene department, as well as 5 surefire strategies to fill 92% of your available hygiene appointments.
We have also got a useful financial tip on how to control your overhead from Allen Schiff, President of the Academy of Dental CPAs, and the Managing Partner at Schiff & Associates, Schiff Dental CPAs in Baltimore. Listen Now!
- 00:00:26 – Intro
- 00:02:08 – Announcements
- 00:04:14 – How to unlock opportunities to make the hygiene department an important profit center in every practice?
- 00:06:41 – 4 Important goals to set in your Hygiene Department.
- 00:13:16 – 5 specific strategies to fill 92% or more of your available hygiene appointments.
- 00:28:38 – Allen Schiff – Dental CPA Insight – How To Control Your Practice Overheads Post-Covid
- 00:34:18 – Question 1 – My office really struggles with hygiene cancellations and no-shows. I’m embarrassed to report that we typically only fill about 70-75% of our available hygiene appointments, sometimes even less! Where should I begin?
- 00:38:27 – Question 2 – What is a good daily production goal for my hygienists?
- 00:40:03 – Question 3 – Like you, Gary, I also believe in a hygiene-driven practice. Some days I have three hygienists. How do Dr. Paul and Dr. Tim manage their hygiene exams and stay productive on their side of the schedule as well?
- 00:43:14 – Question 4 – After listening to your podcast, I am embracing the concept of a hygiene-driven practice. How do I know when I have the demand to add more hygiene days?
- 00:46:42 – Question 5 – Gary I was looking at our hygiene appointment schedule for the last few months, and it’s like Swiss Cheese. I just did the math, and if I can get it to 92%, the money that I will be able to make in the process, will be more than the price for your coaching. You know, several times over. How do I find out more about your coaching? Is there a next step? Can I talk to you?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!