We all dream of owning a great practice, but making the transition from good to great can be confusing. In this episode, Gary outlines six clear goals that all dentists must aspire to achieve to leap from good to great.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
What do great practices have that good practices don’t? This week’s podcast is inspired by the book ‘’Good to Great’’ by Jim Collins, a book that has heavily influenced both Gary and Naren. Gary has managed to effectively distill the essence of this book and apply its findings in his practice, LifeSmiles to great success. Now he is giving you his formula so that you can reap the same rewards.
We have also got a useful clinical tip from Dr. Baldwin Marchak on how to manage patient expectations when treating teeth numbers 8 & 9. Listen Now!
- 00:00:26 – Intro
- 00:02:28 – Dr. Baldwin Marchack – Clinical Tip – How to manage patient expectations when treating teeth number eight and teeth number nine.
- 00:08:48 – Gary’s shares his personal experience with Jim Collins book A Good To Great.
- 00:12:03 – 6 Metrics you need to evaluate for a dental practice to become a great practice.
- 00:15:22 – Freebie
- 00:16:14 – The 7 key points discussed in the book by Jim Collins.
- 00:23:35 – The culture of discipline Jim Collins defines in his book
- 00:30:57 Question 1 – I also find the book, Good to Great as a powerful book. And I am especially inspired by the concept of Level 5 Leadership. Can Level 5 Leadership be developed?
- 00:37:57 Question 2 – Gary, I am really struggling with the concept of ‘getting the right people on the bus’ right now. I am in an area of the country where it is generally very difficult to find good dental team members in normal times, and it is even more challenging now. Any suggestions?
- 00:43:22 Question 3 – The Hedgehog Concept really makes sense to me. I am passionate about cosmetic dentistry and helping patients have a beautiful, healthy smile. The challenge I find is that my contracted fees for veneers with PPO Plans make veneers an unprofitable service given my high lab fees since I use a very high-quality lab. How can I resolve this dilemma?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!