In this week’s episode, Gary answers 11 practice management questions shared by our listeners from all over the world.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
This episode will help you learn if it is beneficial or not to hire an associate younger than you, the challenges of the solo dental practice, and if working extended hours is the right thing to do & what time would be ideal for that.
In addition to these, you can also learn more about getting ready to resign from PPO plans and share this news with your patients in advance, while understanding the changes that Delta has recently done that could negatively affect your practice.
Gary also shares some tips that will help you immensely and assist you in reducing/eliminating drama in your practice.
Garys also shares the one critical thing you should know and keep in mind if you are to do a start-up practice in the COVID-19 era.
Tune into this Ask Me Anything episode to master how to be a successful dentist, and practice owner, managing your team effectively while increasing your patient appointments Post COVID-19.
- 00:00:23 – Introduction
- 00:02:53 – Gary, I am a 42-year-old practice owner, and I am ready to hire an associate dentist, who I would like to see become my partner if it all goes as planned. Should I look for someone near my age, or should I look for an associate ten to twelve years younger?
- 00:08:34 – Are extended hours a good idea?
- 00:11:57 – My practice seems to have a lot of drama. Can you provide some tips to eliminate or at least reduce the drama?
- 00:16:07 – What changes do you anticipate from Delta Dental going-forward?
- 00:20:58 – When is the best time to drop PPO Plans?
- 00:25:04 – How can I encourage patients to come in now for their appointments?
- 00:28:16 – I have two administrative team members in my practice. Can you suggest how to assign job duties between these two team members?
- 00:32:54 – Gary, is it possible to do three hygiene checks per hour with just one Dentist?
- 00:34:59 – Bonus Tip
- 00:38:48 – Does it make sense to do a start-up practice in the COVID-19 era?
- 00:42:51 – Do you recommend charging patients a broken appointment fee?
- 00:47:13 – I am not able to get my entire team at the morning huddle due to legitimate reasons (ie: a single parent who can’t drop her kids off at school until after our morning huddle time). Can you suggest how I can handle this?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!