Minor changes in course direction can make a significant difference in the performance of your dental practice. In this Thriving Dentist Show, Gary invited his friend Weston Lunsford to discuss the significance of 2 degrees.
In this Show, Gary and Weston discuss;
- The story of the 1979 flight from New Zealand to Antarctica, how this flight relates to your dental practice,
- the concept of outsourced CFO services for your practice,
- the massive difference between ‘lagging’ data vs ‘leading’ data,
- how understanding the leading data in your practice will provide you with the information to make subtle adjustments (2 degrees) that will radically change the results,
- the most important leading indicators to track in your practice and the best way to identify patients from your unscheduled treatment list to schedule needed or desired treatment.
While Weston is a certified ‘Data Advocate’ and he loves all things data, you will truly appreciate his perspective that the best way to use data is to better serve your patients! Weston understands that the best way to achieve a thriving dental practice is to treat patients the way you would like to be treated; clinically and behaviorally.
Link to Register for the FREE webinar on June 5 at 5pm Pacific Time: https://www.lessinsurancedependence.com/webinar/
‘How LifeSmiles Attracts 65 Quality New Patients Every Month with Digital Marketing’
NOTE: If you are not able to attend live, be sure and register for the webinar and we will send you a replay of the webinar
Link to receive a Free ($1,500 Value) Practice Analysis fro Dental Intel:
Category: Thriving Dentist Show