What makes a good leader? It’s not an easy question to answer. However, successful leaders demonstrate leadership in their personal and professional lives, inspiring others to take action and set a course for future success.
While good leaders have a variety of styles and personalities, there are some traits that all great leaders share.
In this episode, Gary covers 5 leadership characteristics of a thriving dentist.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Christina Blacher on Secret to succeed with Invisalign.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:54 – Secret to succeed with invisalign by Christina Blacher, DMD.
Coaching In Action
- 00:09:30 – Gary talks about the 2 concepts of leadership.
- 00:10:29 – Gary talks about the 5 leadership characteristics.
- 00:12:33 – 1st Leadership Characteristic.
- 00:15:29 – 2nd Leadership Characteristic.
- 00:16:47 – 3rd Leadership Characteristic.
- 00:18:39 – 4th Leadership Characteristic.
- 00:24:09 – 5th Leadership Characteristic.
- 00:26:52 – Question Number 1 – I am interested in improving my leadership skills. Can you suggest any books?
- 00:31:32 – Question Number 2 – I’m working on defining my practice vision. I want to address numbers but not make numbers the focus. How can I strike a nice balance?
- 00:36:22 – Question Number 3 – I have heard you talk about practice culture before and realize that my practice culture needs some work. Where is the best place to start?
- 00:39:01 – Question Number 4 – As you are well aware we are all in a tight labor market in dentistry today.
I struggle with tolerating and accepting issues that come up with my team members knowing it may be very difficult to replace them. Your thoughts?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!