In this episode, Gary will share some detailed information that can be applied immediately in your dental practice to enhance a new patient’s experience with your dental practice.
Gary will also be taking a deeper dive and sharing more advanced concepts of the 7 steps to a remarkable new patient experience.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Dr. Jeffrey Hoos, DMD, on painless injections.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:57 – Painless Injections by Jeffrey Hoos, DMD
Coaching In Action Segment
- 00:08:51 – What is Google three pack?
- 00:10:27 – What is a love letter review?
- 00:11:54 – Homework for the listeners of this episode.
- 00:13:40 – Gary shares a summary of the seven steps for a remarkable new patient experience episode.
- 00:14:04 – What are the 3 different portals through which a practice gets new patients?
- 00:29:15 – How can you make progress towards the 7 steps to remarkable new patient experience?
- 00:31:55 – Frank Spear’s tip to help any dentist accelerate his practice.
- 00:34:23 – Question 1 – I have been taught to separate the doctor exam and the hygiene appointment for new patients into two separate appointments beginning with the comprehensive doctor exams. Then once we know their periodontal health we can schedule them for an appropriate hygiene appointment at a later date. Your Thoughts?
- 00:38:44 – Question 2 – 2 hours for your new patient experience strikes me as a long time. Do you think we can possibly do it quicker?
- 00:40:26 – Question 3 – I have a very small office. How can I incorporate a tour in an office my size?
- 00:44:44 – Question 4 – I really like your concept of a new patient coordinator. What skills should I look for in the ideal new patient coordinator?
- 00:46:32 – Question 4 – I want to follow your recommendation on loading the digital photos onto a tablet. How do you transfer the photos from the camera to the tablet?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!