In this episode, Gary shares tips on getting a proper balance in your practice between efficiency and connection with your patients because if they are not balanced, the practice will become dysfunctional.
Listen to this episode to learn how to balance efficiency and connection.
This episode also features a tip from Art Wiederman on Benchmark to check if you’re gaining new patients.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Here’s an insight of things you will learn from listening to this episode;
- simple things that you can do to strike a balance between efficiency and connection
- Importance of having a new patient coordinator
- The sequence of procedures to be done in the treatment room
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:46 – Benchmark to check if you’re gaining new patients by Art Weiderman, CPA
Coaching In Action
- 00:11:15 – Gary shares an example on why it is important to have a balance between efficiency and connection if you want to have success.
- 00:12:30 – Gary shares his thoughts on the mindset a few people have that if you’re efficient you cannot have connection.
- 00:14:39 – Gary talks about some simple things that you can do to strike balance between efficiency and connection
- 00:14:53 – Importance of having a new patient coordinator
- 00:16:08 – How to sequence what’s done in the treatment room with a new patient the right way according to Gary
- 00:20:02 – What is a thriving practice?
- 00:22:17 – Gary shares another detail about connection
- 00:22:47 – Naren talks about 2 attributes of a successful business owner.
- 00:25:50 – Question 1 – I want to redesign my new patient appointment. Can you describe the format you use with your clients?
- 00:32:03 – Question 2 – Gary, I agree with you! I need to spend more time connecting with my patients. But in my heavily PPO dependent practice I don’t have time to do this. What can I do to reduce my dependence on insurance?
- 00:37:17– Question 3 – Is the best team member for the new patient coordinator an assistant or an admin team member?
- 00:41:16 – Question 4 – Is it still useful to make we care calls in the evenings to our patients?
- 00:44:05 – Question 5 – Quite honestly I have a large practice with many patients and I have trouble remembering everybody. Any tips?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!