In today’s Thriving Dentist Podcast show, Gary has invited his friend and co-host of the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast, Naren Arulrajah to co-host this episode. Naren is the CEO of Ekwa Marketing and helps dentists across the world with their digital marketing. Gary and Naren go back into the archives to discuss some of the past episodes of the Thriving Dentist show and what made them special! They’ll also talk about the pivot that is taking place within the show as well as Gary’s own success in the world of dentistry and how his practice is completely less insurance dependant.
In this episode Gary and Naren discuss:
- 2:11 > The pivot in the Thriving Dentist Podcast Show, introducing a new format.
- 3:51 > Episode #4 – Guiding more patients towards ideal care with Dr. Lee Ann Brady. It’s about inviting your patient into a conversation about comprehensive care.
- 5:33 > Episode #364 – Best strategies for paying off your student loans ASAP with Mark Johnson. Mark shares how you can pay off your student loans in 4-7 years.
- 7:01 > Episodes # 315 and # 325- The Psychology of Marketing 1 & 2 with Naren Arulrajah. Naren and Gary discuss the 6 principles and the art of pre-suasion.
- 7:59 > The 6 Fundamental Principles of Marketing as taught by Dr. Robert Cialdini.
- 9:50 > Episode #266- Unleashing the Power of the DISC personality styles in your practice with Chris LoCurto.
- 11:34 > The concept of DISC and what it means for each of us, including our patients. It’s important to listen on the first phone call and observe your patients during the first visit in your practice.
- 12:16 > Episode #397- CoDiscovery with Paul Henney. What is it and how do you apply it in your practice?
- 13:41 > The concept of codiscovery allows dentists to discover how their patients feel about their dental health.
- 14:20 > The Dr. Cialdini principle, Consistency plays an important role in codiscovery. When you are co-discovering the solution, it also becomes the patients solution.
- 15:27 > Episode #390 – The Concept of Leadership with Mack McDonald. Mack discusses transformational leadership that works.
- 16:46 > Episode #367 – Loving what you do is the secret to insane success in dentistry with Dr. Peyman Raissi. Peyman says in order to achieve absolute success, you’ve got to love what you do.
- 17:44 > Peyman opened a fee for service practice from scratch, he was collecting 1.7 million by his second year.
- 19:17 > Taking a look back at Gary’s 39 years in dentistry.
- 20:26 > The personal side of Gary Takacs; Marriage, children and their careers.
- 22:27 > Gary’s career started 39 years ago as a law clerk for Mercer.
- 23:36 > The 1957 Silver Cloud Rolls-Royce driver.
- 26:40 > In the 80’s Gary worked for 2 large consulting firms.
- 27:03 > In 1989 after working with 500 plus dentists, Gary started his own consulting firm.
- 27:37 > Taking the stage all over the world and giving over 18,000 education hours to others.
- 29:07 > The backstory and birth of the Life Smiles Dental Practice in 2007.
- 34:42 > The value of a hygiene driven practice.
- 36:01 > High value services offered at Life Smiles.
- 36:58 > Be a relationship driven practice, know your patients!
- 37:49 > Successfully resigning from 34 Insurance plans.
- 39:08 > Celebrating 60 years of life and 37 years of love.
- 40:28 > The trait of optimism and how it shaped Gary’s personality.
- 42:43 > Gary’s vision for the Platinum era of dentistry.
- 45:51 > Fundamental challenges in the dental profession today.
- 47:41 > Gary’s goal in the future is to help dentists achieve the practice of their dreams.
- 49:38 > How the Thriving Dentist podcast will evolve in the future; clinical tips, teaching points and interviews based on the teaching point(s).
- 52:40 > A sneak peek into the next episode of the Thriving Dentist show.
- 53:45 > The three day doctor week and work life balance.
- 57:28 > Gary first listened to a podcast in 2009, from there he started the Thriving Dentist show.
- Episode #4 – Guiding More Patients to Want Ideal Care with Dr. Lee Ann Brady https://www.thrivingdentist.com/004-2/
- Episode #364 – Best Strategies for Paying Off Your Dental School Loans as Soon as Possible with Mark Johnson https://www.thrivingdentist.com/best-strategies-for-paying-off-your-dental-school-loans-as-soon-as-possible-with-mark-johnson/
- Episode #315 / #325 – The Psychology of Marketing Part 1 & 2 with Naren Arulrajah
- Episode #266 – Unleashing the Power of DISC Personality Styles in your Practice with Chris LoCurto https://www.thrivingdentist.com/unleashing-the-power-of-disc-personality-styles-in-your-practice/
- Episode #397 – CoDiscovery; What is it? When to Use it? Why to Use it? with Dr. Paul Henny
- Episode #390 – How to Become a Transformational Leader to achieve the Practice of Your Dreams with Dr. Mac McDonald
- Episode #367 – Loving What You Do is the Secret to Insane Success with Dr. Peyman Raissi
Life Smiles: https://www.lifesmilesdentalcare.com/
Get Less Insurance Dependent with Gary Takacs
Link to the Less Insurance Dependence Podcast: www.lessinsurancedependence.com
Category: Thriving Dentist Show