In this episode, we are thrilled to have Dr. Brian Baliwas as our guest, sharing his insightful journey of dropping out of PPO plans and the crucial role of patient education in this process. Dr. Baliwas also provides valuable tips on how to distinguish yourself in a highly competitive dental environment, drawing from his own experiences. He emphasizes the significance of office culture in creating a successful practice and shares the latest trends in the dental industry that listeners should be paying attention to.
Contact Dr. Brian Baliwas, DDS.
Instagram – @sfdentalnerd
Listen to our past discussion with Dr. Baliwas
How I Attracted 1,000+ New Patients in Less Than 3 Years Using Instagram with Dr. Brian Baliwas
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:23 – Introduction to episode
- 00:02:28 – 450 Sutter Building: The History and Significance of this Landmark
- 00:03:37 – Dr. Brian’s Experience of Dropping Out of PPO Plans: A Journey to Better Patient Care
- 00:14:55 – Gary’s Moment of Realization: Why PPO Plans Are Not a Good Fit for His Practice
- 00:18:35 – PPO Plans vs. Groupon: How Both Can Be Harmful for Dentists and Patients
- 00:23:09 – Standing Out in a Competitive Dental Industry: Strategies for Success
- 00:28:08 – Office Culture 101: Building a Positive and Supportive Workplace
- 00:31:29 – Dental Industry Trends You Should Keep an Eye On: Insights and Perspectives from Dr. Baliwas
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!