Sleep apnea is a common condition where your breathing stops and restarts many times while you sleep. This can prevent your body from getting enough oxygen.
In this episode, Gary will be talking to Dr. Warren Boardman, who treats patients with sleep apnea or disruptive snoring, an oral appliance solution to getting a restful night of sleep. They will also discuss the importance of starting to treat patients for Sleep Apnea in your practice.
Tune into the episode to find out how to add Sleep Apnea treatment to your dental practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:01:32 – Warren talks about his journey in dentistry from dental school.
- 00:03:29 – When did Warren start to get involved with Sleep Apnea?
- 00:04:23 – Gary talks about Warren’s practice.
- 00:05:13 – Warren shares his story about Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
- 00:07:11 – In Sleep Apnea, how do you measure the severity?
- 00:09:25 – Gary and Warren discuss Warren’s CE journey.
- 00:11:35 – Warren talks about the misconceptions about OSA patients.
- 00:15:30 – Is successfully treating OSA saving a person’s life?
- 00:18:02 – What questions should you ask a patient with OSA?
- 00:20:37 – Warren talks about CPAP. Does it work?
- 00:29:02 – What is the design Warren uses in his practice to treat Sleep Apnea?
- 00:30:48 – What is the most effective way to grow Sleep Apnea treatment in your practice?
- 00:34:26 – Why is it important to get involved in Sleep Apnea now?
- 00:36:23 – How would Warren recommend a dentist to start with Sleep Apnea treatment?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!