In this episode, Gary will discuss the benefits of offering teeth whitening as a first step toward introducing patients to the many other services available in your dental practice.
First, let’s talk about why teeth whitening is a popular treatment. Everyone wants a bright, white smile; teeth whitening is a safe, effective, and affordable way to achieve that. Offering teeth whitening as a standalone service can attract new patients to your practice and help build trust and credibility with them.
But teeth whitening can also be used to introduce patients to other services they may not have considered or known about. For example, while a patient is in your office for a teeth whitening appointment, you can discuss other cosmetic procedures like veneers, bonding, or orthodontics. You can also educate them about the importance of preventative care, such as regular cleanings, checkups, and gum care.
Using teeth whitening as a gateway service, you can create a relationship with patients beyond just one appointment. You can help them understand that dental care is an ongoing process that involves regular maintenance and preventative measures. This can increase patient loyalty and satisfaction and ultimately lead to more referrals and positive reviews for your practice.
So if you’re looking for ways to attract new patients and build your dental practice, consider offering teeth whitening as a gateway service. It’s a win-win for both you and your patients! Tune into the episode to find tips to grow your business’s whitening component.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Financial Tip
- 00:03:15 – Fran Brelsford BDS, MSc on Tips To Gain Maximum Bond Strength to Dentin.
Coaching In Action
- 00:11:30 – Gary shares simple math to show the demand for teeth whitening.
- 00:14:00 – Why does Gary like whitening?
5 Specific tips to improve Teeth Whitening in your practice.
- 00:16:20 – Tip Number 1
- Tip Number 2
- 00:19:18 – Tip Number 3
- 00:21:49 – Tip Number 4
- 00:23:55 – Tip Number 5
- 00:29:48 – Question 1 – We do very little whitening in my practice, and I think one of the reasons for this is that we have not seen great results with our current whitening products. Any recommendations?
- 00:32:10 – Question 2 – What is the best way to market whitening to our community?
- 00:38:19 – Question 3 – I really like your idea about offering lifetime whitening. But I am concerned that it might be difficult to administer. How can we do this without it becoming a burden?
- 00:41:26 – Question 4 – We are that office that you mentioned that does about one whitening procedure a month. What would be an appropriate goal given our history of low whitening volume?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!