If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.
– Henry Ford
In times like these, it’s unreasonable to recognize what we’re going through as anything but a crisis.
When we are exposed to difficult, challenging moments, you can either choose to give in to it, and fall behind, or you can choose to face it & move beyond those challenges & barriers in front of you.
Every challenge is an opportunity to grow, whether that means a new patient walking into your office for a complex smile redesign or getting your feet back up post-COVID-19, how you respond makes a huge difference in what comes next.
If you thought about how rewarding it will be to witness your patient being able to smile confidently for the first time in their life through your help, you will find it less challenging as you are now focusing on something that goes beyond those barriers.
Your perspective changes when you choose to respond effectively by looking at the long game vs the short game.
That’s the highlight of today’s episode, as we share with you 5 effective ways to respond in light of the COVID-19 crisis.
Timestamps for this episode:
- 02:28 > Introduction to today’s episode
- 04:38 > First Response: Respond with Leadership
- 14:32 > Second Response: Have a Positive Spirit
- 17:47 > Start a gratitude journal
- 22:16 > Third Response: Emotional intelligence
- 31:50 > Fourth Response: Build a relationship-driven approach
- 39:36 > Fifth Response: Embrace opportunity
- 43:32 > Recap of the 5 effective responses
Podcast Assistance by Jodey Smith, Rodecaster Expert Category: Thriving Dentist Show