In today’s episode Gary and his co-host Naren Arulrajah dive into the first segment of the Thriving Dentist Coaching in Action series on how to develop a high performance team. Later Naren and Gary talk about the 1st book in the Thriving Dentist Book Club!
- 00:25 > Introduction to this week’s episode
- 04:00 > Coaching in action
- 04:25 > Performance in action
- 06:28 > 6 goals of a thriving dentist practice
- 09:11 > Definition of a high performance team
- 10:21 > Open book management
- 12:21 > Why it’s useful to share information
- 17:58 > The importance of a high performance team
- 22:33 > Getting the team to row the boat in the same direction
- 29:08 > How to create and calibrate a high performance team
- 30:20 > Drama free zone
- 31:30 > TD Book Club
- 31:36 > The concept of the Thriving Dentist Book Club
- 35:00 > Good to Great by Jim Collins
- 35:21 > Level 5 leadership
- 43:05 > The hedgehog concept
- 49:50 > Run all considered services through the hedgehog concept
- 50:22 > Flywheel concept vs. Doom Loop concept
Jim Collins website: https://www.jimcollins.com/
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!