In this Episode, Gary Takacs interviews Mike Shoun, the founder of a company called Affordable Image Marketing, to discuss the vitality of – direct mail as part of a comprehensive marketing plan in a dental practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Direct mail is not the sexy new thing in the digital world anymore, but it can work extremely well as part of a comprehensive marketing strategy for your dental office if it is done in the right way.
This episode will help you learn.
- Why does direct mail work?
- Why should every dentist consider direct mail as a component of their comprehensive marketing plan?
- Importance of tracking your marketing campaigns
- Benefits of direct mail and how it should be done in the right way
- How Gary has implemented this marketing strategy and its results in his practice
- Cost for Mike’s services and much more.
We are very fortunate to have an authority in direct mail on our show. He will inspire you and educate you on an area that you hardly thought would help you increase new patients to your dental practice.
Want to know why Gary only received two phone calls from the 30,000 postcards he sent out?
Listen to the episode now!
- 00:23 >>Introduction to today’s episode
- 02:01 >> Gary’s introduction
- 02:21 >> How the Digital world is changing
- 09:00 >> Why does direct mail work, and why should every dentist consider direct mail as a component of their comprehensive marketing plan?
- 12:00 >> Effectiveness of tangible media
- 13:10 >> Importance of coordinating your marketing
- 13:37 >> How Gary gets more traffic as a cause of the direct mail
- 14:54 >> Before meeting Mike, Gary believed that his marketing needed to do a lot of things.
- 16:38 >> Have direct mail as the foundation of any marketing strategy
- 17:47 >> Benefits of direct mailing.
- 19:21 >> What Gary loves about the direct mail campaign at Life Smiles
- 20:05 >> What is your time worth? Or the cost.
- 21:30 >> Why do you like postcards for your direct mails?
- 26:10 >> What is the #1 thing they weren’t doing right?
- 26:45 >> How Gary did direct mailing at his practice.
- 30:01 >> The myth about direct mailing
- 39:00 >> 41% of Gary’s calls went to his voicemail
- 40:11 >> How Gary identified an issue in his practice through the help of call recording
- 42:28 >> Cost of Mike’s marketing services
- 47:05 >> Mike’s message to our listeners
Contact Mike Shoun
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!