Dr. Paul Henny shares details about his book, “CoDiscovery” which is a key step in a three-stage participative patient development process by Bob Barkley called “Three Phase Adult Education.” He shares his thoughts regarding this process and the meaningful contributions made to dentistry by other influential figures while explaining the current situation of dentists not feeling fulfilled by their careers. This podcast is packed with his insights and recommendations on how to become a successful practice owner by gaining a deeper understanding of dentistry’s transformative trends.
Tune in for an engaging conversation that promises both inspiration and insight!
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:25 – Introduction to the Episode
- 00:01:44 – How Dr. Henny feels about his book getting published
- 00:03:34 – Dr. Paul Henny’s background
- 00:08:26 – Dr. Henny describes how he developed a thriving practice that continually evolves
- 00:11:53 – Who is Bob Barkley and why is he more important than ever today?
- 00:19:55 – Dr. Henny explains what “CoDiscovery” is all about
- 00:22:50 – Dr. Henny’s thoughts on identifying patients’ problems and finding a solution
- 00:26:16 – Impact of the industrialization of dentistry
- 00:30:58 – Significant persons and their contributions mentioned in Dr. Henny’s book
- 00:35:26 – How to bring dentists to feel fulfillment in their careers?
- 00:42:13 – Why practitioners are moving more towards homeopathic practice model
- 00:45:35 – Discussing Dr. Henny’s favorite chapters in the book
- 00:50:07 – Where to access the book “CoDiscovery”
Access the book “CoDiscovery: Exploring the Legacy of Robert F. Barkley, DDS” by Dr. Paul Henny
Meet Paul Henny, DDS
A valued member of the Roanoke Valley Dental Society, The Academy of General Dentistry, The American College of Oral Implantology, and The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Henny holds the esteemed title of Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology. Notably, he has also played a pivotal role as the Past President and co-founder of the Robert F. Barkley Dental Study Club.
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!