In this episode, Gary will discuss the 6 principles of John Wooden and how they can be applied in dentistry.
Tune in to the episode to find out what they are and how they could be applied in your dental practice.
This episode also features a clinical tip from Dr. Nikki Green on, If you should do clinical dentistry in the same order every time.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:02:54 – Should you do clinical dentistry in the same order every time by Nikki Green
Coaching In Action
- 00:09:19 – Gary talks about coach John Wooden’s credentials.
- 00:11:47 – What was the gift John Wooden’s dad gave him once he graduated from high school?
- 00:12:57 – Principle Number 1
- 00:13:08 – Principle Number 2
- 00:13:12 – Principle Number 3
- 00:13:16 – Principle Number 4
- 00:13:21 – Principle Number 5
- 00:13:25 – Principle Number 6
- 00:13:59 – Why didn’t coach John Wooden talk about winning to his players?
- 00:16:00 – Gary explains how the 6 principles can be applied in dentistry.
- 00:19:39 – What is the question you should ask your team in the morning huddle?
- 00:25:51 – Gary talks about 3 Woodenisms and how it can be applied in dentistry.
Coaching In Action
- 00:31:58 – Question 1 – Coach Wooden talks about drinking deeply from good books. What are your top 5?
- 00:36:56 – Question 2 – I am intrigued by the concept of making each day your masterpiece. How can this apply to dentistry?
- 00:38:22 – Question 3 – I love the idea of helping others. I believe this is my driving purpose. Your thoughts?
- 00:42:53 – Question 4 – I like Coach Wooden’s concept of “It is what you learn after you know it all that counts” . It seems to apply to Dr. Pankey’s Mastery Ladder. Can you talk more about this?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!