In any practice, even if you do not create a culture, a culture is being created by itself. Therefore, it’s best to step forward and create the right culture for your practice so that you don’t fail to achieve the goals you have set.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In this episode, Gary shares the practice culture of Life Smiles, and talks about the importance of having a work culture that embraces practice growth. As a bonus, Gary shares some strategies that will help grow your practice. Tune into this episode now!
Today’s Thriving Dentist Clinical Tip
- 00:02:48 – 3 tips on the examination aspect of clinical dentistry by Rabiha Maan, BDS
Coaching In Action
- 00:07:38 – Gary talks about Peter Drucker.
- 00:08:25 – What will happen if your practice doesn’t have a proper work culture?
- 00:11:28 – Gary Talk about LifeSmile Practice Culture elements
- 00:13:41 – Gary talks about a type of culture that he thinks is beneficial to embrace in a dental practice.
- 00:15:23 – What is one of the things Gary is obsessed about?
- 00:19:47 – Gary talks about the mindset of Millennials.
- 00:22:52 – Gary shares a few suggestions to grow your practice.
- 00:23:04 – Suggestion Number 1
- 00:23:32 – Suggestion Number 2
- 00:24:16 – Suggestion Number 3
- 00:25:26 – Suggestion Number 4
- 00:27:46 – Question 1 – I have been reluctant to share specific numbers with my team members out of concern that my team will think that the practice is becoming money focused. Help me shift my thinking here?
- 00:27:46 – Question 2 – I like your idea of developing a practice culture. How do you correct team members when they are not following your practice culture?
- 00:27:46 – Question 3 – I have a 2 person administrative team in my practice. We currently divide the duties where one is responsible for scheduling and where the other is responsible for collections. Is that the best way to organize the job duties of a 2-person administrative team?
- 00:27:46 – Question 4 – Gary, you have helped me adapt to an optimistic spirit. If we are consistently achieving 10% growth every month should I dial it up to 15%?
- 00:27:46 – Question 5 – I am very interested in growing my practice. My team seems to think that I need to add 1 more assistant so that we can achieve double digit growth. How do I know when it is right to add another team member?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!