In today’s episode, Gary and Naren define success in 2020 and beyond. As a dentist, you may face many challenges during your career, such as the lack of success or the lack of joy in what you do. That ‘lack’ will eventually become a dark space you will get lost in. Gary and Naren speak frankly about how changing to a positive mindset and being in the profession for all the right reasons can keep you out of that dark space and into a successful, joyful dental career. It’s up to you to start today in actively looking for joy and happiness. When you do, you will find success in dentistry.
- 02:15 > Introduction to today’s episode
- 03:03 > Something Extra: Favorite thriving dentist show episode
- 04:11 > Coaching in Action: How do you define success in 2020 and beyond in dentistry
- 07:22 > Don’t rob yourself of joy and happiness found in practice
- 12:39 > Actively looking for joy and happiness
- 15:43 > Truly connect with your patients
- 17:44 > When hiring for a position
- 20:12 > Don’t worry about things out of your control
- 24:19 > Who’s life are we going to change today?
- 25:48 > Thriving Dentist Interview with Dr. Tom Larkin
- 27:49 > How do you feel about facing your opponent
- 32:44 > The relaxed mindset
- 36:59 > Reframing success and making success happiness
- 41:24 > The feeling of opening an acceptance letter for dentistry school
- 43:24 > The pinpricks and motivations that come after the joy of acceptance
- 46:12 > Getting in the profession for the right reasons
- 48:22 > Dentistry that changes lives- By Dr. Tom Larkin
Ekwa Marketing: www.ekwa.com
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!