Did you know that there is a growing trend in medicine and health care towards concierge-style practices?
In this episode, Gary will share lots of helpful information on how you could borrow some concepts of a concierge practice and apply them to your dental practice.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Here are 2 key benefits your patients will have if you apply concierge dentistry concepts to your practice;
- Concierge dental care includes an annual retainer and No House-Call Fee.
- A Concierge Dentist works around a patient schedule and doesn’t expect to squeeze in a visit during regular business hours.
Concierge dentistry is a patient-focused philosophy that allows dentists to deliver high-quality services in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Tune into the episode to find out how you could do this in your practice.
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:05 – Circle of influence by Paul Henny, DDS
Coaching In Action Segment
- 00:11:18 – What is the new mindset among dentists?
- 00:11:56 – How does concierge medicine apply to dentistry?
- 00:12:35 – What is concierge medicine exactly?
- 00:16:50 – Gary talks about house calls.
- 00:18:40 – Gary shares his personal experience about how health care has devolved.
- 00:22:17 – What’s the average price to sign up for concierge dentistry practice?
- 00:35:10 – Question 1 – My practice is located in a solid middle class blue collar area. Can this health- centered model work in my situation?
- 00:38:13 – Question 2 – I have very insurance driven patients. The first and often only question they have is, “does my insurance cover this?” How do I attract patients who have a higher appreciation for their oral health?
- 00:44:18 – Question 3 – Gary I always appreciate your perspective, I am a young dentist and new practice owner. What’s your vision for the future of dentistry?
- 00:49:43 – Question 4 – What specific strategies would you borrow from concierge medicine and apply to dentistry today?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!