Welcome to this week’s episode of Thriving Dentist! In today’s show, we dive into a compelling topic that affects both dental professionals and patients alike. Recent data has shed light on a concerning trend—the decline in the number of individuals with dental insurance. Join us as we explore the reasons behind this decline, its implications for dental practices, and the potential impact on patients’ oral health. To address this challenge, Gary will provide valuable insights and strategies on how to embark on the journey of dropping PPOs, empowering dental practices to navigate this changing landscape successfully.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
- 00:00:49 – Upcoming Masterclass: 6 Steps to Successfully Resign from PPO Plans
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:08 – Dr. Simón Pardiñas on The Power of 3D Patient Education Videos
Coaching in Action
- 00:08:40 – Gary talks about the history of dental insurance
The Number of People with Dental Insurance Is Declining!
- 00:13:58 – Why the promise of dental insurance really hasn’t come true
- 00:18:08 – Factors that plays in your favor
- 00:20:24 – How to roll out the red carpet to people who doesn’t have insurance
- 00:20:52 – Recent trends
- 00:29:12 – Question 01 – I’m in an area with a number of large companies that all provide PPO Insurance Plans to their employees. Do you think it is possible for me to Drop PPO Plans since so many of my patients have PPO Plans?
- 00:35:33 – Question 02 – You shared a stat during coaching in action that half the adults with dental insurance and the other half without dental insurance still use Google to find a dentist? What can I do to capitalize on this fact?
- 00:39:05 – Question 03 – Have you seen any success marketing an in-office membership plan to small businesses?
- 00:43:02 – Question 04 – I have attended your Masterclass on the 6 Steps to Successfully Reduce Insurance Dependence. Which of the 6 Steps do you think is most important?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!