Your team is the backbone of your practice, and having a strong, cohesive unit is essential for delivering exceptional patient care and achieving your business goals. But building a great team takes effort and dedication. That’s why we are excited to share 6 powerful tips for building a thriving dental team. These tips are distilled from Gary’s years of experience in dentistry and coaching countless practices to success.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
- 00:02:34 – Hypoplastic 6-year molars by Dr. Jarod Johnson.
Coaching in Action
- 00:05.21 – Does team-building have a clear endpoint?
- 00:09:19 – Tip one
- 00:12:49 – Tip two
- 00:15:25 – Tip three
- 00:17:20 – Tip four
- 00:18:18 – Tip five
- 00:19:43 – Tip six
- 00:22:46 – Question 01 – My practice overhead is higher than ideal, especially regarding my ‘Team Member Compensation’ category. I’m concerned that if we start doing more meetings and team-building activities, we will have less productive time, and my overhead will just increase even more. Your thoughts?
- 00:27:35 – Question 02 – I’d like to take my team members to more CE courses. However, some team members cannot travel due to their family situation. How can I include those team members who are not able to travel?
- 00:29:28 – Question 03 – I really like your suggestion of scheduling two all-day team meetings each year to include team-building activities. What are some specific activities we could consider?
- 00:34:30 – Question 04 – I have taken my team members on CE trips in the past, but I haven’t really felt that we received lasting results from this investment, and it may have been partially a result of not having the best team members. However, I now have a very strong team and want to do more CE with them. How can I get a better return on this investment?
- Click here to watch the replay of the RIDA Summit 2023 for free!
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!